Monday, April 18, 2011

 

Kate/James

Any Kate Bush fans out there have feelings about the James Joyce estate giving her permission to use Molly Bloom's soliloquy in an updated version of 'The Sensual World'? Here it is (it's about the most beautiful writing in the English language):

"...I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes. "

Comments:
I have just awoken from a dream in which you and I tied ribbon around lamp posts. Consequentially, I immediately checked your blog, and an so glad I did because this news excites me.

This piece of writing is amazing, each time I read it I'm struck all over again by how divine it is, you can hear Molly's heart racing.

I'm really excited to see what Kate Bush does with it. Running up the Hill is one of my most loved songs, just beautifully haunting and strangely invigorating, just like Molly's last words, 'and yes I said yes I will yes'.

Hope you're well,
Tarnia x
 
Tarnia! Of course that's your fave song, that makes sense...x
 
My previous gf (who told me she's bi-polar 2 the first night I met her), had a James Joyce quotation tattooed on one of her lovely, willowy arms. "The ineluctable modality of the visible" it read. Well, she was an English lit student... before she dropped out of school and started selling her sexual services a few months after I met her. I'm still vaguely suicidal over not having her in my life any more.

Bruce
 
Just read your piece in The Paris Review and loved it. You're so wonderful! Thanks for putting out such an intimate piece of writing, I am redeemed. The style and use of video put me in mind of a website you might like: ryeberg.com
Looking forward to reading your memoir.
 
Just read your piece in The Paris Review and loved it. You're so wonderful! Thanks for putting out such an intimate piece of writing, I am redeemed. The style and use of video put me in mind of a website you might like: ryeberg.com
Looking forward to reading your memoir.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?