Thursday, April 21, 2011

 

Rossy De Palma


The Almodovar muse with the glorious profile now has her own perfume 'Protection by Rossy De Palma'. I would like dearly to have her protection, plus, her scent smells incredibly good. You can buy it or even just buy a sample at luckyscent.com. If you're in LA, you can try it at the Luckyscent store on Beverly blvd. I have become something of a scent junkie since I randomly walked in and struck up a conversation. I am reading from my memoir May 11th at Book Soup, but will also be doing a one off event at Luckyscent in June, where a discussion of the book will be accompanied by perfumes that mimic the moods. And, yes, there is a (very beautiful) perfume called 'Ophelia'.

Comments:
How gorgeous this woman is ! I love her she's incredible.
 
When you mentioned being a scent junkie I immediately wondered if you've read 'A Natural History of the Senses' by Diane Ackerman. She writes about all of the senses so beautifully!!!

Here is just one (1!!!) sentence about smell:

"One scent can be unexpected, momentary, and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the Poconos, when wild blueberry bushes teemed with succulent fruit and the opposite sex was as mysterious as space travel; another, hours of passion on a moonlit beach in Florida, while the night-blooming cereus drenched the air with thick curds of perfume and huge sphinx moths visited the cereus in a loud purr of wings; a third,a family of pot roast, noodle pudding, and sweet potatoes, during a myrtly-mad August in a midwestern town, when both of one's parents were alive."

There is an entire book of this! Incredible.
 
Emma, I also wanted to say I realize I'm showing my full name with my comments and it is fine to publish them as such in case you were wondering.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?